So how does one define the Indian film industry.? There are many versions of the definition as there are many definitions of the version.So now with so many variables imagine how would you recognize performance and award people? Looks to be a mammoth task isnt it.?
To put it simply,I think they are not to be treated like the Oscars, because the comparison will be oranges to apples.Be it IIFA awards or the Filmfare awards they essentially convey the same message.So here are some observations which are common across these awards.
- Treat these awards as one big family function.
- Expect shameless self promotion.
- Expect emotions to overflow.
- Expect cheap vulgar comedy.
- Expect some touch of class.
- Expect hot dance performances.
- Expect predictable winners.
- Expect gorgeous looking women.
- Expect fake happiness.
- Expect looping scenes (if you are watching on TV)
- Treat these awards as one big stiff lip party.
- Expect subtlety (not saying it is a bad thing)
- Expect wisecracks – which often dont crack.
- Expect audacious dressing sense.
- Expect the odd weirdo on the red carpet.
- Expect some seriousness about the authenticity of it all.
- Expect identical emotions from actors just as they did in Golden globes,or other similar awards.
- Expect better trimmed speeches.
- Expect some emotions.